ISRAEL RESTORATION MINISTRIES
“I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.”
Yom Kippur or Olam Kippur
Will you stop at YOM KIPPUR
(Day of Atonement)
or go on to find OLAM KIPPUR
God designed our annual Yom Kippur or Day of Atonement to prepare His Ancient people to receive, by repentance, the eternal atonement or the Olam Kippur. God’s eternal atonement is a gift from God and this gift is God Himself.
God’s eternal memory desired an eternal atonement to remove all sin forever. Abraham’s ram on Mt. Moriah became a timely substitute in place of Isaac. Only a perfect, spotless sacrifice could accomplish an atonement that would last forever. Since no human could meet that criteria, God determined to do it Himself.
About 700 B.C.E. the prophet Isaiah said: “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).
As a Tri-
(1) “Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
(2) For He shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
(3) He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from Him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
(4) Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
(5) But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
(6) All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
For years I observed Yom Kippur never knowing that God had an Olam Kippur until I found and received the Lord Jesus Christ as God’s Olam Kippur. Now I live in peace with God knowing that in the Lord Jesus Christ all my sins have been paid for. Won’t you let God lead you this Yom Kippur to His Olam Kippur by opening your heart to receive the gift of the Lord Jesus Christ paid by his death for all your sins? –
(7) “He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
(8) He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
(9) And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
(10) Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
(11) He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
(12) Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death; and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.”
He achieved our Olam Kippur. God’s eternal majesty and justice have been ratified, and our yearning for the assurance that our sins are forgiven is satisfied.
If you would like more answers to questions you may have, please contact us at 1-
Or send us a written letter to:
Israel Restoration Ministries
P.O. Box 711330
Santee, CA 92071